Our Commitment to the Rescue22 Foundation
Read More About Swift + Rescue22
Angela states, “Small businesses like Swift Audiology are some of our strongest supporters of Rescue 22 Foundation. We are an all-volunteer organization with no paid staff. All monies raised go to the care and training of our service dogs.” Swift Audiology’s ongoing commitment to support these efforts at Rescue 22 Foundation has helped fund service dogs for 2 local Pittsburgh veterans.
Connor, Executive Board Chair, CFO, and Co-Founder of Rescue 22 is the daughter of a Vietnam Veteran and saw firsthand the effects of war. When asked what the 22 stood for, she replied, “The 22 represents 22 veterans we lose to suicide a day.”
Rescue 22’s Veteran Service Dog Trust [VSDT] fulfills the foundation’s primary mission to provide the highest quality task-trained dogs on behalf of our nation’s veterans. Our foundation provides psychiatric, mobility, and medical service dogs to our veterans at no charge and without geographic restrictions.
Generous donations from our supporting individuals, companies such as Swift Audiology, as well as our sponsors provide the following services that make these life-saving dogs possible:
- Training (the average service dog trains for over a year)
- Animal care including food, veterinarian services, and grooming
- Service dog and handler equipment
- Handler education
- Service dog and handler integration
- Service dogs are trained directly by our master trainers at our campus locations at Coastline K9, Devine K9s, and Ridgeside Carolinas.